The plate below was Sunday dinner at our Mom and Dad's this week and it was HEAVEN! I always forget about the good ol' BLT. Well NO.MORE! These sandwiches are quick, easy and so amazingly flavorful I had to go back for seconds! Crisp and salty bacon, refreshing and crunchy romaine and big juicy slices of tomato, sandwiched between warm and toasty bread...mmm...ya, you get the idea.:)
Now, obviously you don't need a recipe to make a great BLT, but here are a few tips:
1. Save yourself some time and a whole lot of mess by using fully cooked bacon. Just warm it for 20-30 seconds between paper towels in the microwave.
2. Make sure you buy LARGE tomatoes. Big enough that one slice covers the entire sandwich.
3. Save more time by using a bag of ready to use romaine lettuce. Major plus because you won't have to rinse, dry or chop the lettuce.
4. Whichever bread you choose to make your BLT's with, make sure you lightly toast it! An absolute MUST!
5. Whether you're a mayo or miracle whip fan, be generous with this Good Stuff!
image by Kar