I apologize for not having step by step pictures for this tutorial. I'm hoping that because it's so simple, with very few steps, that I can explain it good enough!
1. Measure your little girls head around where the headband will fit. Indee's was 19 inches.
2. Next, cut two strips lengthwise(top to bottom) out of your t-shirt. For a 19 in head, I cut the strips roughly 25 inches long. The strips should be 2 1/2-2 3/4 inches wide.
3. Now, put the right sides of the two strips together facing each other. Wrong sides facing out.
4. Start at the middle on one side and sew with a straight stitch along the edge, all the way up rounding as you stitch at the end, back down the edge of the other side and rounding the other end. Once you get about 1 1/2 inches from where you started, do a quick backstitch to secure it. Trim the excess corners at each end.
5. Now, using the 1 1/2 inch opening you've left on one side, turn the head band right side out. Fold the opening seams inward and sew it closed. And you're done!
Project by Kara
Images by Kara